HARDWARE - SEED & FEED STORE
in HO Scale
From the three story, four room structure to the loading dock area, we have attempted to provide a quality kit with as much care as possible. The building structure can represent any time period from the early 1900’s up to present day. There is an ample lead free white metal castings, more than can be used so you have a choice about which details to include in your scene. The original plan was for the Hap Hazard’s Hardware – Seed & Feed Store and decals for that name are provided but you are free to rename the building to fit your particular needs.
Because not all layout might need a hardware store you could easily convert this structure into just about any type of business. Examples might be a tavern with dance hall in the back, fish market, engine repair shop, etc. Let your imagination go to work and see what you might come up with.
A hardware – seed and feed store would carry just about everything needed both at home and on the farm. Plus it would include many items business need. Items ranging from nails, paint, screws & nuts to hammers & shovels. Things like wheelbarrows and air compressors. They also carried many kinds of seed for home and farm, fertilizers,
The Hardware Store is an all around viewable model. It has very interesting viewing from all sides and would be best placed either in a diorama or on a layout island. The building is designed to be placed in any setting, hilly or flat, even waterfront if the modeler so chose. It comes complete with all pilings, braces, joists and decking in stripwood. There is a hydrocal stone foundation casting for under the front building. The building is constructed of laser cut sub-walls of 1/32" plywood which are then laminated with Northeastern Scale Lumber basswood aged siding. This, and the method of interlocking floors and 1/32" plywood roof panels give a very sturdy construction that is not prone to warping.NOTE: People, vehicles, trees and track and general diorama construction materials shown in pictures are not included in this kit. Pictures show are of the prototype model and production models might vary slightly from the prototype.
- 1/32" Birch plywood laser cut sub-wall tab & slot construction
- 1/16" Northeastern Scale Lumber aged siding basswood laser cut outside walls on the store building
- 1/16 Basswood scribed vertical siding for the barn building
- 1/16" Basswood pre-scribed floors
- 1/32" Birch plywood sub-roof panels
- Hydrocal stone foundation casting for the base of the store building
- HO scale RSSM corrugated metal roofing for the rear barn building
- .016" thick RC Board doors and windows
- 3-Tab asphalt simulated shingles for the front store building (self-adhesive only)
- Includes a 114 page instruction manual with many detailed photos.
- large quantity of lead-free white metal castings.
- Shadow box front window displays to show off some of the store items for sale or you may detail the shop if you so choose.
- Clear decal business signs for both the front and rear walls. White backed decals consisting of many different poster and sale signs to help round out your offerings.
- Small 5.5" x 7" footprint for the docks and building. Surrounding area such as roads, rail siding and side areas not included.
If you have pictures of your finished Hardware Store kit please email them to us.
We would love to see them.