RUSTY STUMPS SCALE MODELS is Proud to offer the......
BOARDING HOUSE KIT
BACK FOR A SHORT TIME - GET YOURS WHILE THE SUPPLY LASTS
Kelley's Boarding House is the first of six kits in the Kelley's Landing series. Only 500 of each kit will be made.
The Boarding House is sort of a rambling late 1800's early 1900's type building. There are rooms to let on the second floor with two commercial rentable sections on the first. There are also entrances for the commercial renters on the backside of the building. The front side renters enter by first climbing the stair just to the rear of the wooden front sidewalk. They must cross an open walkway across the front of the building being careful not to hit their heads on the guide rods that hold up the lower canopy. Renters at the rear of the second floor enter by first climbing the open staircase at the back of the building. They enter a common hallway and gain entrance to their rooms from there. There are no inside stairs in this structure.
The commercial renters each have a rear entrance for private entry and deliveries of goods. The inside footage is not equal and one renter has a long corridor to walk before reaching the inner back door to his section. As the Boarding House abuts the next building to it's right there are no windows on either floor. There are three brick chimneys with each rentable area having a small coal fired stove for both heat and cooking purposes.
- 1/32" Birch plywood laser cut sub-walls with tab and slot construction.
- 1/64" High density self-adhesive cardstock laser cut finished walls with clapboard detailing.
- First and second floors
- Interior walls on both floors with proper door openings. Interior walls can be used or not and it will not effect the integrity of the building.
- Interior decoration and details such as lighting can be used but not provided in the kit.
- 1/64" High density self-adhesive cardstock laser cut windows and doors. Acetate Glazing provided.
- Ample decals and signs provided. A selection of building signs to choose from in various colors.
- 106 page Instruction Manual with lots of how to pictures and hints & tips.
- Foot print of 33' by 55' (4-1/2" x 7-1/2") in HO Scale.
- Tarpaper roofing material.
- Laser cut stair stringers in Basswood provided along with our Resin Stair Jig for easy construction is included in the kit.
- Northeastern Scale lumber used on all stripwood.
- Second floor front porch, stairs, railing and walk ways all built from scale stripwood.
- Four fine detail group castings in high pressure resin specially designed for this kit.
- Brick chimneys specially designed for this kit and cast in high pressure resin material.
- ONLY 200 of these kits will be made. When they are gone that's it as no more will be made.
To see additional pictures click HERE.
To view actual construction of the Boarding House Kit visit this URL:
Rusty Stumps' Kelley's Landing Boarding House
If you have pictures of your finished Kelley's Landing Series kits, please post them on the Rusty Stumps Support Forums for all to see and enjoy..
We would love to see them.
View the complete Kelley's Landing Diorama HERE and also see more info on each kit.
HOW TO ORDER:
All orders should be placed on-line through the Rusty Stumps website. If you are going to send a check or call with credit card information please indicate that fact when ordering. Credit cards will not be charged till the order is ready to ship. Overseas order be aware that if you are a new customer we will require you to pay and additional $10 for delivery confirmation. Sorry, but we can't afford to give our kits away and unfortunately we have some incidents.
To see a photo of the finished diorama of all the kits contained in the Kelley's Landing Series CLICK HERE.